1. I haven't been reading as much lately, because I'm deep in the abyss that is my dissertation, but I'm starting this book tomorrow. My mind, body and spirit have stretched, done warm ups and I'm ready:
I'm ready to be educated.
2. I just got these bookmarks and I think we need to take a second to acknowledge how important they are...
3. Someone told me "Keep up the good work" (about my music) and I felt it deep in a place that I didn't know needed it.
4. ... Which reminds me, I'm working on new music and video ideas (that will be out soon-ish) and as usual, I'm equally nervous and excited about it. One of the most important things I'm learning though is how to get things done in spite of my feelings. If I waited for my feelings to line up with my ambitions, I'd never get anything done, because I'm never emotionally or psychologically ready to do something that is outside my comfort zone. I'm working on it. I'm making a dedicated and conscious effort to spend less time negotiating with myself.
5. I've had the first part of 'Overgrown' stuck in my head for about a week.