I'm not sure what today's post is about so it might be disjointed (and slightly rambling) but let's do this thang!
1. You're wonderful. Whoever you are. You are completely, entirely, deeply wonderful.
2. I finished my exams some time ago and it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be because, I guess (... I know), I'm completely disconnected from my course (and honestly, school in general. I'm doing/almost done with a masters in clinical and abnormal psychology). I'm glad I don't have classes anymore but I still have a dissertation which gives me simultaneous cold sweats and hot flashes just thinking about it. I don't hate school (most of the time *emoji side-eye*), I just know music is the main purpose of my life (and pizza, always, pepperoni for life).
3. I recently re-discovered one of my favorite Office episodes, The Mafia, and of course Dwight is greater than life itself:
R is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it murder and not mukduk.
4. I watched an Oprah interview last Sunday on "Career, Life and Leadership" which was as insightful and moving as I expected. I found myself unwittingly taking notes because Oprah's mind is everything. These were my favorite quotes:
- I am not afraid of honoring myself.
- Who are you and what are you going to do with it?
- Align your personality with your purpose and nobody can touch you.
- Knowing what you don't want to do is really important when you don't know what to do.
- I started listening to what felt like the truth to me.
- My definition of luck is preparation meeting that moment of opportunity.
- Everything is fueled from me wanting to be a better person on earth.
- I pay attention to my life... Your life is your greatest teacher.
"There's no such thing as failure. Failure is just that thing that is trying to move you in another direction; so you get as much from your losses as you do your victories, because the losses are there to wake you up."
(and my personal fave)
"Your life is bigger than any one experience. You are not defined by what someone says is a failure for you."
I mean... Just... So much...
I got a little teary-eyed when she talked about the last quote because I needed to hear that more than I realized. I'm exceptionally harsh on myself about a lot of things (especially when I feel inactive with my music) and where I am versus where I hoped to be. I'm learning how to set realistic but challenging goals for myself, and more importantly, how to not feel like a complete failure if I don't achieve them. That's the battle, not bullying yourself if/when you feel like you've let yourself down.
5. The EP has been recorded guys!! I won't talk about it again until everything related to it is done because this is my mantra in relation to almost anything music-work-related.
6. I got back into reading last month, which has been as fulfilling as I hoped it would be.